Education & Qualifications
- Currently working towards a Ph.D. in History of Science, Harvard University. Tiffany's current research focuses on the history of site selection for large-scale interferometers used to detect gravitational waves.
- 2008 Juris Doctor (JD) , University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia. Tiffany is currently barred in California and Washington, D.C. She is also a Registered Patent Attorney.
- 2004 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering , University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science, Charlottesville, Virginia. Thesis written under the supervision of Michael E. Gorman on the technology transfer of genetically modified cassava from the United States to Kenya.
Presenter, Placing Post-Cold War Physics: Attempts by Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory to Site Gravitation Physics on Decommissioned
Cold War Sites in Panel entitled Uneasy Alliances: Analyzing the Role of Nation States In the Administration of Place-Based Science Sites, Annual Meeting of the History of Science Society, Seattle, Washington.
Presenter, Hidden Technicalities: Consideration of U.S. Military Sites by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) for Placement of Large-Scale Interferometers in Panel entitled Redefining Spaces, Annual Meeting of the Society for the History of Technology, St. Louis, Missouri.
Presenter, Variations in the Geo-epistemological Understanding of Space During the History of Site Selection of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), Black Hole Initiative Colloquium Series, Harvard University.
Book Review: Roberto Lalli, Building the General Relativity and Gravitation Community During the Cold War (Berlin: Springer International Publishing AG, 2017) in the British Journal for the History of Science Vol. 52, No. 1, March 2019.
Book Review: Harry Collins, Gravity's Kiss. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2017, in the British Journal for the History of Science, Vol. 50, No. 4, November 2017.
Images Related to Current Research
- One of the two arms of LIGO interferometer in Livingston, Louisiana
One of the two arms of the GEO 600 interferometer in Ruthe, Germany
- American Physical Society
History of Science Society
Society for Social Studies of Science
California Bar Association
American Society for Environmental History