Education & Qualifications
- Currently working towards a Ph.D. in History of Science, Harvard University. Tiffany's current research focuses on the history of site selection for large-scale interferometers used to detect gravitational waves.
- 2008 Juris Doctor (JD) , University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia. Tiffany is currently barred in California and Washington, D.C. She is also a Registered Patent Attorney.
- 2004 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering , University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science, Charlottesville, Virginia. Thesis written under the supervision of Michael E. Gorman on the technology transfer of genetically modified cassava from the United States to Kenya.
Presenter, Variations in the Geo-epistemological Understanding of Space During the History of Site Selection of the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO), Black Hole Initiative Colloquium Series, Harvard University.
Presenter, Hidden in Plain Sight: Map Usage in the Site Selection of the Laser Interferometer
Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) Large-Scale Interferometers, Annual Meeting of the History of Science Society, Toronto, Ontario.
Presenter, Using Systems Theory to Explore the Authorship of Centerbeam: A Collective Work of
the Center for Advanced Visual Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Modern Science Working Group, Department of the History of Science, Harvard
Forthcoming Book Review: Govert Schilling, Ripples in Spacetime: Einstein, Gravitational Waves, and the Future of Astronomy. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2017, in the British Journal for the History of Science.
Book Review: Harry Collins, Gravity's Kiss. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2017, in the British Journal for the History of Science, Vol. 50, No. 4, November 2017.
Book Review: Chris Bernhardt, Turing's Vision: The Birth of Computer Science. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2016, in the British Journal for the History of Science, Vol. 50, No. 2, June 2017.
Images Related to Current Research
- One of the two arms of LIGO interferometer in Livingston, Louisiana
One of the two arms of the GEO 600 interferometer in Ruthe, Germany
- American Physical Society
History of Science Society
Society for Social Studies of Science
California Bar Association
American Society for Environmental History